Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I sign in to a device running an old version of iOS (6.1.3) with my Apple ID when it requires two factor authentication?

I have a iPhone 4s that, at the moment, is running iOS 6.1.3. I want to sign in using MY Apple ID. Every time I type my credentials in, it says I need to enter the six digit passcode. Fine, I think. So I go fetch my iPhone 5s (running iOS 12.3.1), and it gives me a perfectly good six digit code. I then try to type it in to my 4s, but wait, there's no six digit code input field.

So I went looking for a solution to maybe disable two factor authentication, but that seems to be impossible. So I'm left with one possible solution now, asking the community!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2019 7:38 AM

If you see a password box, enter the password (ABC) followed by the code (123) or ABC123 (no spaces).

You should be able to update the 4s to a newer IOS version.

Update your iOS device

Similar questions

3 replies

How can I sign in to a device running an old version of iOS (6.1.3) with my Apple ID when it requires two factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.