Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware

I had a problem with my other Mac and, Apple support couldn't get me going, I finally got fed up with it. I bought a refurbished Mac. Every time I restarted I had this popup of viruses and languages that wanted me to buy some scan program. I didn't trust it. I looked on the Apple site for info. It never said anything about that program so I'm glad I didn't open it. I successfully installed the Malwarebytes and it ran and after a restart I didn't have the popup. My question is should I go ahead and purchase the entire thing?

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2018 9:39 AM

Purchasing the subscription is completely optional. Once you download Malwarebytes, it will run in the background and monitor for malware for the trial period. After the trial period, it still functions manually without the background monitoring.

What I have found, is once that trial is over, and a newer version of Malwarebytes becomes available, you will get a notification of that availability, the opportunity to download it, and start a full featured trial again.

For that reason, I have not chosen their subscription model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2018 9:39 AM in response to Ken0411

Purchasing the subscription is completely optional. Once you download Malwarebytes, it will run in the background and monitor for malware for the trial period. After the trial period, it still functions manually without the background monitoring.

What I have found, is once that trial is over, and a newer version of Malwarebytes becomes available, you will get a notification of that availability, the opportunity to download it, and start a full featured trial again.

For that reason, I have not chosen their subscription model.

Malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.