Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What free software does Apple recommend to clean any malware on my Mac?

I got scammed by US IT Websoft LLC when trying to upgrade my MS 365 for MacBook Pro. What free software does Apple recommend to scan and clean any malware on my computer.

Stupid me.....Error code flashed when I was trying to enter a product code ....and I fell for it.

Good reminder to be very cautious....

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 7:09 PM

NoCoMardie wrote:
I got scammed by US IT Websoft LLC when trying to upgrade my MS 365 for MacBook Pro.

Sorry to hear that. Apparently this is a very common scam. The following Discussion included what the OP thought was a link to the Microsoft product activation website, but it was fraudulent: i am trying to activate my office - Apple Community.

The [redacted] link bore a resemblance to the Microsoft's legitimate website, but "close enough" doesn't count with such things.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 7:09 PM in response to NoCoMardie

NoCoMardie wrote:
I got scammed by US IT Websoft LLC when trying to upgrade my MS 365 for MacBook Pro.

Sorry to hear that. Apparently this is a very common scam. The following Discussion included what the OP thought was a link to the Microsoft product activation website, but it was fraudulent: i am trying to activate my office - Apple Community.

The [redacted] link bore a resemblance to the Microsoft's legitimate website, but "close enough" doesn't count with such things.

Jan 13, 2023 3:04 PM in response to NoCoMardie

So they had access to your Mac, sufficient to install software.

1. Back up all your important data
  2. Erase your Mac. Change all your password. Check that your credit cards or any financial data is still secure.
  3. Reinstall the OS and the applications from source, not back up.
  4. Return your data from back up

As they have had access to your machine you cannot assume anything on there is secure.

What free software does Apple recommend to clean any malware on my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.