Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting photos from deactivated iphone

So I now use an iPhone X and that device is connected to my iCloud. I also have an old iPhone 6 which has a bunch of photos still on the device. After I transferred to the iPhone X, I think I deleted some photos from my phone not really understanding at the time that I would be deleting them from my iCloud (and this my computer) at the same time. So I lost them. However- these photos are still on my iPhone 6. I am now want to get these photos fro my old phone, but am not sure about the safest way to do it so I do t lose them. I can disconnect old phone from iCloud- connect to internet and email them to myself? Or can I plug the phone into a computer and download them that way. Any thoughts on best way to save these photos and videos. There are quite a lot of them so the most efficient way to get them in my iCloud would be the best.

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 9:30 AM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Oldphotos21

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Oldphotos21.

If I understand your post correctly, some of your photos were deleted from your new iPhone and iCloud but are still on your old iPhone. Keeping all your photos safe is important. I'd like to help.

You can import the photos to your computer like this:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Or you can sync your old iPhone to iCloud and merge the photos library like this:

Set up and use iCloud Photos

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you. 

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Getting photos from deactivated iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.