Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos

Hi, I was transferring data from my old iPhone 6s to a new iPhone Xs and everything seemed to go well. When I’ve finished, I’ve deleted the photos from my iPhone 6( they were on iCloud) and I’ve lost the photos on my iPhone X as well.. I understand I’ve deleted from iCloud without making a back up.... the question is: how can I recover the deleted photos, if it’s possible?

thanx

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2019 12:18 PM

They should be in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. On the iPhone open the Photos app, tap Albums at the bottom of the screen and then scroll all of the way down to Recently Deleted.

Also, after you have (hopefully) recovered the photos you can use the following procedure to clear the old iPhone 6. It will not affect anything on iCloud or on the new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2019 12:18 PM in response to aleksandar0609

They should be in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days. On the iPhone open the Photos app, tap Albums at the bottom of the screen and then scroll all of the way down to Recently Deleted.

Also, after you have (hopefully) recovered the photos you can use the following procedure to clear the old iPhone 6. It will not affect anything on iCloud or on the new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.