Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore iPhone photos using an old iCloud backup?

I deleted some photos from phone, also from recently deleted. They obviously are not on ICloud now(before they were there because I had enough space). Is there any posibility to restore those photos? If I reset the phone from factory I can use an ICloud back up and find them there? Even if that is not the last back-up, I can choose a previous one that I am sure that contain the photos?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 4:14 PM

Update: I used COPY TRANS CLOUDLY app and it helped me to restore some photos, fortunately the one that I wanted (so these photos were taken one year ago and deleted last week, I don t know if this app is good for any of your problems but mine was solved).

I must mention that the app can restore 100 photos free and for the rest you need to pay. ( the amount of photos deleted found depends of your device - it found me 2390 photos deleted and I have this phone for 4 years and I am sure that I have like 300000 photos delelted for real but I don t know the algortim used… probably it can find the most recent deleted ones).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2022 4:14 PM in response to andra2399

Update: I used COPY TRANS CLOUDLY app and it helped me to restore some photos, fortunately the one that I wanted (so these photos were taken one year ago and deleted last week, I don t know if this app is good for any of your problems but mine was solved).

I must mention that the app can restore 100 photos free and for the rest you need to pay. ( the amount of photos deleted found depends of your device - it found me 2390 photos deleted and I have this phone for 4 years and I am sure that I have like 300000 photos delelted for real but I don t know the algortim used… probably it can find the most recent deleted ones).

Sep 15, 2022 11:49 AM in response to andra2399

When you have iCloud Photos turned on, the photos are not included in a backup. See the following from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes, Reminders, Voice Memos4, Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, and shared photos.

Sorry, but I don't know of any way to recover iCloud Photos that were deleted and then also deleted from Recently Deleted (unless iCloud Photos were also on a computer (not optimized) and you have a backup of that computer.

Sep 15, 2022 2:43 PM in response to andra2399

I've never tried them but if you explore their site in depth, they are at least sort of honest (at least in some cases) about what they cannot do. See the following from the "iOS Data Recovery FAQs" section of https://www.ultfone.com/ios-data-recovery.html

(You can't and I doubt they can recover a photo from recently deleted if iCloud Photos was turned on)

If you’ve deleted the photos from recently deleted album, you can’t recover them by scanning iPhone directly. Fortunately, you can recover your lost photos if you have enabled iCloud photo library or having iTunes backup. 

How can I restore iPhone photos using an old iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.