Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

¿How to setup Casio WK-1630 with Logic Pro X?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to use a Casio WK-1630 with Logic Pro X

The user's guide of the keyboard doesn't make it clear and as what I've searched on the internet there's no driver to install for this keyboard

I want to use the keyboard to record MIDI music (obviously) and I was wondering if I could use the keyboard speakers as the audio output

It's kind of obvious I'm a beginner haha but worth mentioning.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro Retina (2015 and later)

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 2:11 PM

To connect this keyboard to a Mac and use it with Logic you either need an audio interface with a MIDI port (both MIDI IN / OUT plugs), or a MIDI interface, as well as a couple of MIDI cables. Alternatively, you could use a USB-to-MIDI cable (e.g. Alesis AudioLink or similar). You won't have to install a driver.

As for using its speakers, this particular model doesn't have audio input of any sort, apparently. So, the only option you have is to play back MIDI parts from Logic using Casio's sounds (but it won't be possible to play back Logic's audio output through Casio's speakers).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 2:11 PM in response to ConradoHerrera

To connect this keyboard to a Mac and use it with Logic you either need an audio interface with a MIDI port (both MIDI IN / OUT plugs), or a MIDI interface, as well as a couple of MIDI cables. Alternatively, you could use a USB-to-MIDI cable (e.g. Alesis AudioLink or similar). You won't have to install a driver.

As for using its speakers, this particular model doesn't have audio input of any sort, apparently. So, the only option you have is to play back MIDI parts from Logic using Casio's sounds (but it won't be possible to play back Logic's audio output through Casio's speakers).

¿How to setup Casio WK-1630 with Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.