Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Restrictions Passcode

Not too long ago, I set up Restrictions for my children using iOS 12, and I forgot the password to the restrictions so I can't make any changes to the existing restrictions or remove them. Is there any easy possible way I can get back the restrictions passcode? (This is a little urgent)

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2018 2:12 PM

No. You can't get it back. Your only option is to erase the phone by forcing it into recovery mode and restoring iOS using iTunes, or using Find My iPhone.

After erasing it, you will have to set it up as a new phone. Do NOT restore a backup made after the restrictions were turned on. If you do, you will end up right back where you started.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2018 2:12 PM in response to Lemelson1221

No. You can't get it back. Your only option is to erase the phone by forcing it into recovery mode and restoring iOS using iTunes, or using Find My iPhone.

After erasing it, you will have to set it up as a new phone. Do NOT restore a backup made after the restrictions were turned on. If you do, you will end up right back where you started.

Forgot Restrictions Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.