Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combo Cleaner????

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro. I had been asked to update adobe through a website and stupidly did it and have been plagued with Mac Cleaner Pro, pop ups when browsing etc. I’m so angry with myself that I fell for adding something 😬 anyway I tried the free Combo cleaner which detected 8 threats and was about to pay the £35 for half a year to remove them. There were mixed reviews and opinions on the need for this program but I just don’t know how to get rid of it any other way. I tried the activity monitor but don’t know which ones I can delete/quit.

This has all happened days before an essay is due in for my Masters and I can’t cope with the computer not working properly.

Many help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance x

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 12:41 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 29, 2018 1:24 AM in response to kimmy-p

Here's a tip: you were tricked into installing this 'Mac Cleaner Pro app'. They quite literally conned you into adding the app to your machine. Why on earth would you trust these con artists with anything? Why would you trust that you have actually got 8 'threats'? Why would you assume that these con men will give you £35 worth of service for six months. Quite literally, the only thing you know for sure about these people is that they are con artists.

Google removing the app. There are lots of posts about it. But also, *don't install another app that claims to remove it*, follow the manual instructions.

Combo Cleaner????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.