Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removal of Malwarebytes Agent from my Mac computer

The documentation I noted according to this issue was not completely explained with a purposeful remedy in the past. As others have posted, I installed the original Malwarebytes program according to the recommendation of an Apple support tech rep. I removed the program in the past when I felt no use of it, but it remains that I have a Malwarebytes Agent as specified by my Activity monitor that uses 64 bits in my computer that remains to be unremovable. It cannot be removed from the Activity Monitor location for it seems to automatically change its location from this position and oddly seems to reinvent itself. Upon the recommendation of removing the icon that remains on the activity bar of my computer, pressing the command key and dragging it to trash does not work either. Its presence allows it to send me advertisements which are quite annoying. There is no other source that lists its presence in my computer that I have found from any recommendation. One recommendation is to install Malwarebytes again and have it installed, but I am concerned if this will actually uninstall the Malwarebytes Agent that should have already been uninstalled in the first place as it was removed before. I am simply not going to live with this. Malwarebytes.com does not offer any assistance in this matter to properly manage their own product. Will anybody please assist me with any advice on how to eliminate such garbage from my computer.

iMac, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Removal of Malwarebytes Agent from my Mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.