Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find application previously identified as malware

The Mac OS's built in security alerted me to an application it identified as malware. I was able to view the application in Finder when I clicked the button. I have since restarted the computer so that window which I only minimized is no longer there. I cannot find the file when I search for it. Now I downloaded a new antivirus software which is not detecting anything. Is there a way to get the Mac to alert me again so I can use this "view" button on the alert to find this application again? Or is it possible the Mac's security has quarantined it somewhere?

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 10:47 AM

Download and run the free version of Malwarebytes. It will identify the culprit and let you decide what to do with it. It was developed by a long time contributor to these forums and a highly respected member of the computer security community. 

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't find application previously identified as malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.