Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded a new version of Itunes and now my suffle will not connect.

I only am on iTunes about once or twice a year. I had no issues this summer, but when I tried to purchase new music the other day I was told I needed updates to Windows and iTunes. I did both. I had to manually remove Apple stuff before the new iTunes would load. Perhaps I removed too much? I have rebooted, removed and installed, but no luck. The "Device" options are grayed out and my device doesn't appear. If there is a way I need to add it, I can't find that option.

iPod shuffle (4th Gen)

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 8:45 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Dec 29, 2018 3:28 PM in response to bephiker

Try these two sections, irrespective of what error messages you see. They may help with getting AMDS installed.

VC80 errors

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture=..." may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

There are three files to choose from so you need to select the one that matches the processor architecture of your system, which should be noted in the error message.

• vcredist_x86.EXE - 32-bit systems
  • vcredist_IA64.EXE - Itanium processors
  • vcredist_x64.EXE - other 64-bit systems

Missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-0.dll or api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll errors

Try installing the Update for Universal C Runtime in Windows, then try installing iTunes again.

tt2

Downloaded a new version of Itunes and now my suffle will not connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.