Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download itunes to Windows 7 laptop (after uninstalling to fix problem).

I have a Laptop running Windows 7 (can't upgrade to Windows 10).

I've been runnning iTunes on it for my 1st gen iphone SE.

After the most recent update my iphone was no longer visible in iTunes or on my pc so I uninstalled all Apple software (although it was obviously recognising it was connecting because I was asked the "Trust this computer - Not Trust this computer" question on my iphone - I obviously tapped Trust this computer and input my passcode to confirm).

My problem is:

1. I'm unable to re-download iTunes - when I try to download from the Apple website I'm redirected to Windows Store.
  2. Windows store won't let me download the iTunes App (even though it states on their store that I own it) because I don't have a device registered to my Windows account (I have a hotmail email address & a 10 year old laptop which works fine) & there is no facility to register my laptop (I presume because it's running Windows 7 & there is no facility on my laptop to sign in with a Microsoft id in order to register the laptop).
  3. I managed to find an older version of the Itunes installer but when I run it to reinstall the Apple software (iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Mobile Support etc) and then try launching iTunes it states that it can't read the library because it was created with a newer version of iTunes?!

So now I'm unable to reinstall the latest version of iTunes because:

a. I'm unable to download it from Microsoft and

b. There is no link on the Apple Website to enable me to download the latest version!!!??

Please help, I've already wasted hours of my time trying to fix this, I may eventually resort to third party software to access my iphone on my laptop if I can't fix this problem.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 7:32 AM

When viewing https://www.apple.com/itunes/ you may need to click a link for Other Versions > Windows.

Alternatively use these versionless links for the current builds of iTunes for Windows for 64-bit and 32-bit respectively:

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies

Oct 30, 2020 7:53 AM in response to anony_457

I've managed to re-download iTunes using Apple Software Updater (after turning off my ZoneAlarm Free firewall).

I had granted permissions for all Apple Software in ZoneAlarm but only shutting the firewall down seemed to work.

However, now my computer can see my iphone but iTunes can't connect to it, I get an error code from iTunes....

Any suggestions on how I can get iTunes to "see" my iphone??

Oct 30, 2020 7:56 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your reply.

I've managed to re-download iTunes using Apple Software Updater (after turning off my ZoneAlarm Free firewall).

I had granted permissions for all Apple Software in ZoneAlarm but only shutting the firewall down seemed to work.

However, now my computer can see my iphone but iTunes can't connect to it, I get an error code from iTunes....

Any suggestions on how I can get iTunes to "see" my iphone??

Nov 2, 2020 3:21 AM in response to turingtest2

Hello,

Thank you for your help. Following your link & the explicit instructions to reinstall the Apple mobile Device driver & stopping/restarting Apple Services has appeared to fix the problem.

I had previously tried a different method to reinstall the driver but following the explicit instructions (i.e. locating the inf file) worked better.

Thank you for your help.

Can't download itunes to Windows 7 laptop (after uninstalling to fix problem).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.