Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally bought iTunes gift cards for a scam, how can I return them?

I fell pray to an email scam that used an email very close to my ministers e-address.

The email asked me to get some iTunes gift cards for a cancer patient whose birthday is today.

After i bought them & got home I got other emails alerting me to the scam.

Luckily I never did email them back with all the info, #s, etc, ...,

but how can I return these gift cards we cannot use?

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 2:09 PM

I am glad that you found out it was a scam before sending the funds. You need to contact Apple to see if a refund is possible. Normally gift cards cannot be returned. Please see the following link about iTunes Gift Card scams and how to report what happened to you. https://support.apple.com/itunes-gift-card-scams

If you cannot get a refund, check to see if you can donate the gift cards to your local hospital. My local children's hospital has iTunes gift cards on their wishlist every year.

-AJ

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2018 2:09 PM in response to EECornetta

I am glad that you found out it was a scam before sending the funds. You need to contact Apple to see if a refund is possible. Normally gift cards cannot be returned. Please see the following link about iTunes Gift Card scams and how to report what happened to you. https://support.apple.com/itunes-gift-card-scams

If you cannot get a refund, check to see if you can donate the gift cards to your local hospital. My local children's hospital has iTunes gift cards on their wishlist every year.

-AJ

I accidentally bought iTunes gift cards for a scam, how can I return them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.