Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing issues

Every time I try to download a free app it asks me to authorize/sign in. So I put my password in. Then it wants me to verify the security code for a credit card that isn’t mine. My wife’s phone and my phone are connected through family sharing. But I don’t want her credit card attached to my phone. The only apps we share are the calendar app and music app since we have a monthly subscription for music. How do I removee her credit card info and still keep family sharing on? This has been a major headache when trying to download free apps. I shouldn’t need a cc for free apps! And I should be able to edit payment sharing on my phone! However - every time I turn payment sharing to the off setting, it just turns itself right back on. Please help! This is for my iPhone 8

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 11:48 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201079

2 replies

Dec 29, 2018 8:35 PM in response to Roborooster

When I set up Family Sharing for me, my wife and my daughter, they could not complete their Apple ID set up or download any apps without adding a credit/debit card to their ID’s even though as the Family organizer, I was responsible for payment when they make make purchases. Once they added cards, every thing worked fine. We haven’t used my card at all yet because we all redeem iTunes gift cards and when a family member adds a gift card, their purchases will come off of the gift card first. If. you do it right, you will have to use your card at all.

I don’t know if this is the way it is supposed to be, but this is how it worked for me.

Family sharing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.