Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clean my keyboard on my MacBook Pro?

My keyboard is working fine! I don't need the link to 'How to free your stuck keys.'

I simply want to clean grease marks of my keyboard.

And, I would like to sanitise it too if that's possible.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 29, 2018 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 11:34 AM

Hello Richard O. 123!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that you are wanting to know how you can clean and sanitize your keyboard.

Take a look at this article called called How to clean your Apple products and follow recommendations for cleaning your keyboard.

Kindest Regards.

2 replies

Dec 31, 2018 1:17 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi MoonJ,

Thank you for your response. Please excuse my ignorance in regards to my reply:

So the article you directed me to is written for 'Peripherals Apple wireless or USB keyboards, mice, and trackpads.' I assume that my MacBook Pro's keyboard is to be treated the same? (Other than removing the batteries.)

If this is so then this answer is a good start, doing it will no doubt improve my keyboards appearance. But is there no product that will both cut through the grime and act as a sanitising agent?

I asked my friends on Facebook and have had varying responses. The (seemingly) best two were;

1/ Lightly moisten a lint free cloth with a surface cleanser like Dettol Healthy Clean Multi Purpose (Active ingredient citric acid

3.2%

2/ Laser Clean Range Smart Screen Wipes 10 Pack (From Officeworks Australia.)

I know I'm labouring the point, but surely this is a common necessity.

Kind Regards,

Richard.

How do I clean my keyboard on my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.