Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Javascript ad pop up in Safari on Fox News

I have been getting an ad/scam pop up for a $1,000 Walmart gift card as a reward for being a Comcast customer. It only pops up on Fox News and forces the window to be closed to get rid of it. No other websites appear to be affected. It appears to be someone's attempt to block Fox News.

When I turn off JavaScript, the issue is gone, but so are most of the pictures on the webpage. I have closed down Safari, shut down and rebooted my iPad, but to no avail.

I am using iOS 12.1.1 and iPad model MD788LL/B.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 2:55 PM

There’s nothing wrong with your iPad, but with the fox new site. They seem to be serving up a malicious ad. The only way to avoid it is to stop going to the site until it’s fixed.

You are one of several people that have complained about this this weekend

4 replies

iPad Javascript ad pop up in Safari on Fox News

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.