Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3d touch not working on iphone xs

Hi, i have the new iphone xs model and i have updated to latest ios 12.1 but the 3d touch isn’t working on this device. I have even tried restarting and resetting the settings.

Can someone help me with what to do?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 30, 2018 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 12:11 AM

First of all, the question is already answered here ... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8600199

Just to make it easier for you, try the following:

Open Settings > General > Accessibility > tap on 3D Touch and turn off the switch. Restart your iPhone.

After restart, turn on 3D touch again by following the above steps.

If it doesn't work, try following:

Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity

Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > drag the slider towards left or right to adjust the sensitivity

And yes, make sure if you screen protector is not to thick. If nothing helps, Apple Care is the place you should go.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2018 12:11 AM in response to varshasonigara

First of all, the question is already answered here ... https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8600199

Just to make it easier for you, try the following:

Open Settings > General > Accessibility > tap on 3D Touch and turn off the switch. Restart your iPhone.

After restart, turn on 3D touch again by following the above steps.

If it doesn't work, try following:

Adjust 3D Touch Sensitivity

Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch > drag the slider towards left or right to adjust the sensitivity

And yes, make sure if you screen protector is not to thick. If nothing helps, Apple Care is the place you should go.

3d touch not working on iphone xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.