Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone got stuck on first day

I purchased a new iPhone 8 plus and on the first day it got stuck. It wouldn't let me return to the homescreen anymore and kept switching back to the second (home?)screen. I thought it might have been a software issue but found out later that the software wasn't the latest one. Could this have been the issue in a brand new iPhone? Or is there more to this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 2:20 AM

In such situation, a forced restart of your iP8+ can be helpful:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for your iPhone to restart, then test it.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2018 2:20 AM in response to Pineapple949

In such situation, a forced restart of your iP8+ can be helpful:

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for your iPhone to restart, then test it.

Regards

Giulio

Dec 31, 2018 2:46 AM in response to Pineapple949

Well, it can happen, after setting up a new device.

If the issue should persists, there are other basic trobleshooting steps to perform (i.e. make a full backup, then restore the iPhone to factory settings, then set it up as new), but I would wait and see if your device is working fine after the forced restart.

Obviously, since your iPhone is brand new, you could also have it inspected at your most convenient Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider. They'll give you all the available options.

Regards and best of luck.

Giulio

New iPhone got stuck on first day

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.