Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security questions

So I tried to reset my security questions.... when I did it asked for a verification code that sent it to a different phone, and I don’t have that phone.... is there any other way of resetting it?

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 8:57 AM

As per this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202649

If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

The security questions can be reset , see this method .

Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID address and click on continue .

Check the box of I need to reset my security questions and click on continue .

Enter the Apple ID password and click on continue .

Check the box of answer your current security questions and click on continue .

A single question will be written in the field , enter the answer for it in the next field .

If you click on drop down arrow in the field you will view all the questions when the Apple ID was created , it’s your choice select any one of them and answer for that question .

And click on continue .

A pop up window will appear click on drop down arrow in each field , select the desired question and type the answer in the next field , apply the same procedure for rest of fields and click on continue the security questions are changed .

Take a screen shot of questions and answers and save them in notes or can write down in a diary for your records .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2018 8:57 AM in response to taejon192

As per this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202649

If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

The security questions can be reset , see this method .

Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID address and click on continue .

Check the box of I need to reset my security questions and click on continue .

Enter the Apple ID password and click on continue .

Check the box of answer your current security questions and click on continue .

A single question will be written in the field , enter the answer for it in the next field .

If you click on drop down arrow in the field you will view all the questions when the Apple ID was created , it’s your choice select any one of them and answer for that question .

And click on continue .

A pop up window will appear click on drop down arrow in each field , select the desired question and type the answer in the next field , apply the same procedure for rest of fields and click on continue the security questions are changed .

Take a screen shot of questions and answers and save them in notes or can write down in a diary for your records .

Security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.