Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11” WiFi connected but no internet.

There is nothing wrong with my router or internet, both work fine with my other devices.

I have reset the network settings on my iPad several times and that helps for about 15-20 minutes then the internet stops working again (Only on my iPad, other devices work fine!!).

iOS 12.1.1

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 1, 2019 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 5:34 PM

Hello BountifulLatency!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that your iPad will connect to Wi-Fi but after some time has passed it will behave as though it does not have any internet access. Being able to use Wi-Fi on your iPad is very important and I want to help you find a lasting solution.

You did a good job isolating the issue to just the iPad. Knowing that the internet is working fine for other devices and resetting settings is a good start to finding a solution.

From here, the next thing you will want to do is narrow this down to software or hardware. In order to do that, you will need to restore your iPad in iTunes, set it up as new, and test for this issue before restoring your backed up data to your iPad.

I recommend making a new backup of your iPad before restoring it so that all of your most current data is saved. This article explains how: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data has been completely backed up in either iTunes or iCloud, follow the steps in this article to restore your iPad: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

The restore process will take some time to complete. iTunes will download a fresh copy of iOS and install it on to your iPad. The time it will take to download depends on the speed of your internet connection. After the restore process is completed, continue to setup your iPad as a new device and test for the issue.

Once you have tested it out, you can then restore your data from your iTunes or iCloud backup to your iPad using the steps in this article called Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

If the issue continues to persist after restoring your iPad as a new device, I recommend that you contact Apple for support and service.

I hope this information helps you.

Kindest Regards.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2019 5:34 PM in response to BountifulLatency

Hello BountifulLatency!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I see from your post that your iPad will connect to Wi-Fi but after some time has passed it will behave as though it does not have any internet access. Being able to use Wi-Fi on your iPad is very important and I want to help you find a lasting solution.

You did a good job isolating the issue to just the iPad. Knowing that the internet is working fine for other devices and resetting settings is a good start to finding a solution.

From here, the next thing you will want to do is narrow this down to software or hardware. In order to do that, you will need to restore your iPad in iTunes, set it up as new, and test for this issue before restoring your backed up data to your iPad.

I recommend making a new backup of your iPad before restoring it so that all of your most current data is saved. This article explains how: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once your data has been completely backed up in either iTunes or iCloud, follow the steps in this article to restore your iPad: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

The restore process will take some time to complete. iTunes will download a fresh copy of iOS and install it on to your iPad. The time it will take to download depends on the speed of your internet connection. After the restore process is completed, continue to setup your iPad as a new device and test for the issue.

Once you have tested it out, you can then restore your data from your iTunes or iCloud backup to your iPad using the steps in this article called Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

If the issue continues to persist after restoring your iPad as a new device, I recommend that you contact Apple for support and service.

I hope this information helps you.

Kindest Regards.

iPad Pro 11” WiFi connected but no internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.