Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 7th gen and iphone 12 connects to my wifi but indicates no internet. All other devices in my house have active internet connections.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk router. My 7th gen iPad and my iPhone 12 can connect to the wifi but there is an indicator stating that there is no internet. The other devices at my house have no issues.

I have reset router, modem, turned off/on both devices, did the latest update for iOS, and have reset network settings on both devices.

The aforementioned devices have no problem connecting to wifi elsewhere such as work or on my mifi.

Please advise...

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 1:22 AM

If you are having difficulties connecting to your WiFi network, these Apple support pages may be helpful with troubleshooting:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed on your iPad, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2022 1:22 AM in response to gmduenas

If you are having difficulties connecting to your WiFi network, these Apple support pages may be helpful with troubleshooting:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed on your iPad, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for your network. The resolution is relatively simple; may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address from your WiFi Router. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

ipad 7th gen and iphone 12 connects to my wifi but indicates no internet. All other devices in my house have active internet connections.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.