Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular stuck at 3G only

I got LTE network but it got stuck at 3G only. Already restarted my phone, put on airplane mode, take out my sim card and put it back, and also disable sim pin but it still won't connect to LTE network. This problem had occurred twice within this week and today it happened again. The only solution I knew to make the connection became LTE is by factory resetting my phone. I don't want to keep resetting my phone because I got a lot of important stuff in my phone. So I need another solution to solve this problem. Got any ideas?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 5:51 AM

On that day, I repeatedly reset my phone. After a while, I try another solution which is to take out my sim card before reset it. After my phone was turned on, I went to Phone setting and enable sim lock. And yeah my network is back as usual. But I'm still wondering on what is the actual problem was happened and how I solved it. Anyway, I am very thankful that my phone doesn't show any sign that it would happen again after using it for a while. Also, thank you for your concern.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 5:51 AM in response to CarlAVII

On that day, I repeatedly reset my phone. After a while, I try another solution which is to take out my sim card before reset it. After my phone was turned on, I went to Phone setting and enable sim lock. And yeah my network is back as usual. But I'm still wondering on what is the actual problem was happened and how I solved it. Anyway, I am very thankful that my phone doesn't show any sign that it would happen again after using it for a while. Also, thank you for your concern.

Jan 3, 2019 3:07 PM in response to FLOWERBOYZZ

Hi FLOWERBOYZZ,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like the iPhone is having trouble connecting with cellular data. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. While this article says No Service, it has steps that may be able to help.

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

Please don't hesitate to let us know if the steps resolved your issue or if you need additional assistance.

Cheers.

Cellular stuck at 3G only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.