Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

http://192.168.1.1/login.lp?event=ServerConnect

When trying to access certain web sites found by Google, the Address bar in both Safari and Firefox keeps flashing"http://192.168.1.1/lohttp://192.168.1.1/login.lp?event=ServerConnect"

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2019 7:58 AM

Indeed it is strange. Both that it only happens on certain sites, and the Mac is assigned 35 rather than 1. Makes me wonder what device is 1.1. But that would be the router itself if it is self-assigned as 192.168.1.1.

Connecting wirelessly rather than wired doesn't change anything on your end. The router is still going to use 192.168.1.35 to communicate with the Mac.

I would try to reset things to the defaults. Shut down the Mac, then the router. Reset the router to factory defaults. Typically, this is done by holding in a small, recessed button for 5 seconds or so. Check the manual for your router to see how to reset it.

After the reset, turn the router on and wait for it to come to a full ready state. Then turn the Mac on. They will negotiate a new IP address if necessary.

Try the sites again.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2019 7:58 AM in response to Nickiwi

Indeed it is strange. Both that it only happens on certain sites, and the Mac is assigned 35 rather than 1. Makes me wonder what device is 1.1. But that would be the router itself if it is self-assigned as 192.168.1.1.

Connecting wirelessly rather than wired doesn't change anything on your end. The router is still going to use 192.168.1.35 to communicate with the Mac.

I would try to reset things to the defaults. Shut down the Mac, then the router. Reset the router to factory defaults. Typically, this is done by holding in a small, recessed button for 5 seconds or so. Check the manual for your router to see how to reset it.

After the reset, turn the router on and wait for it to come to a full ready state. Then turn the Mac on. They will negotiate a new IP address if necessary.

Try the sites again.

Jan 2, 2019 5:36 AM in response to Nickiwi

That's a local address. Routers are almost always self-assigned as 192.168.0.1 . Any devices connected to the router automatically get assigned a different last number so each device has a unique connection (it's the only way for the router to keep straight which devices are which).

It is a bit unusual for the router to have the third grouping to be 1 rather than 0.

If you check the System Preferences under Network, 192.168.1.1 is most likely you. Meaning, the error is trying to tell you the Mac is losing connection with the router.

Jan 2, 2019 7:50 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Many thanks Kurt. The thing is, though, that it only happens on some sites such as

[PDF]IInNru DE RÉGNIER ET VBWTSB - Le Mans Université

cyberdoc.univ-lemans.fr/theses/2002/2002LEMA3005_1.pdf

and

Princess Marthe Bibesco: An Inventory of Her Papers at the Harry ...

norman.hrc.utexas.edu/fasearch/findingAid.cfm?eadid=00372

At the moment I am only connected via wifi, and the Network part of System Preferences tells me my router connection is via 192.168.1.35.

Even when I connect the router via cable and disable the wifi, the same thing happens.

Strange.

Jan 2, 2019 10:54 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Dear Kurt,

Thank you very much!

Without going as far - yet - as you recommended, I first tried simply resetting the modem - my ISP does automatic changing of the IP address from time to time and I suspect this may have gone wrong. To my surprise the modem took longer than usual to reset but it worked - at least so far - fingers crossed that I don't need to implement all your recommendations! By the way when I connected the ethernet cable between the Mac and the modem directly Network in Preferences indeed gave me 192.168.1.1 correctly. The other address was the WiFi Airport Extreme.

Again many thanks indeed for your helpful advice!

Yours,

Nicholas

http://192.168.1.1/login.lp?event=ServerConnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.