Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro: Connect LED Cinema Display to new graphics card (Sapphire Radeon RX580) for Mojave

Hi all,

Updated the graphics card in my mid 2012 Mac Pro in order to upgrade to Mojave, but having trouble finding an adaptor to connect my Apple LED Cinema Display.

Upgraded graphics card to Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8Gb (see here; as recommended by Apple), but it only has hdmi output, rather than the mini display output I need for the Apple display.

Apple only seem to stock hdmi female to mini display male, rather than mini display female to hdmi male.

Grateful for any pointers to the correct adaptor, or some advice about whether such a thing even exists!

Mac Pro (Mid 2012)

Version 10.13.6

2 x 2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 5:20 AM

Ok, didn't look too carefully! Card has display ports as well as HDMI, so have ordered a mini display port (female) to display port (male) connector (here). Will update later as to whether this works

1 reply

Mac Pro: Connect LED Cinema Display to new graphics card (Sapphire Radeon RX580) for Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.