Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems connecting keychain to iCloud

When I go to system settings and click on the iCloud Icon I see that I am signed in but keychain is not selected / Ticked. On placing a tick in the box next to keychain I am asked to enter my appleid password, and then am told keychain failed to connect / turn on due to a cloud problem.

In addition today I tried to get an app from the App Store and was asked to verify my payment details by filling in a couple of selected fields, on clicking submit I was also told there was a problem - and to try again later.

I have anti-virus and anti-malware software on my system which says that my iMac is clean.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 5:51 AM

Reset your iCloud Keychain see this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202755

Don't use any anti virus in your Mac , it will affect the performance and delete very important system files .

5 replies

Jan 5, 2019 6:10 AM in response to tygb

Thanks for the fast replies, I signed out and back in and keychain connected, but when I shutdown my iMac and restarted it next day keychain was disconnected again. So reset my iCloud keychain and fingers crossed this appears to have worked.

Regards Anti-virus people appear divided on this, so I have used Bitdefender for several years and it has isolated one virus found in a spam box Email. I think I got Bitdefender from the Apple App Store all those years ago, so aren't they recommending anti-virus in a way?

Problems connecting keychain to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.