Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain

I cannot set up Keychain on my mac. Every time I try it say "iCloud keychain could not be turned on. Try setting up iCloud Keychain again". What do I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 11:17 AM

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203783

If iCloud Keychain is corrupted in Mac .

( a ) Use an iPhone and sign in with same Apple ID and password in your Mac .

( b ) In iPhone go to settings , iCloud open keychain and click on advanced two options will be shown reset code and reset iCloud Keychain , click on reset iCloud Keychain .

( c ) A verification code will appear on your mobile number through sms and it will prompt to generate a code , think of code and fill up in the field so keychain will be set up in iPhone , write down this code .

( d ) Come to Mac in system preferences > click on iCloud the box of keychain is unchecked , so tap the keychain box , it will show waiting for approval click on option button , enter the passcode that is generated in iPhone , click on confirm .

( e ) Again in iPhone a pop up will appear showing approve or deny for name of Mac to approve for keychain , click on allow .

( f ) In Mac click on option button enter trusted number a sms will appear having a verification code , enter it hence the trusted number will be saved and visible and finally keychain is set in Mac ( turned as on ) .

Always post the version of iPhone / Macs .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 11:17 AM in response to SmfC

See the article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT203783

If iCloud Keychain is corrupted in Mac .

( a ) Use an iPhone and sign in with same Apple ID and password in your Mac .

( b ) In iPhone go to settings , iCloud open keychain and click on advanced two options will be shown reset code and reset iCloud Keychain , click on reset iCloud Keychain .

( c ) A verification code will appear on your mobile number through sms and it will prompt to generate a code , think of code and fill up in the field so keychain will be set up in iPhone , write down this code .

( d ) Come to Mac in system preferences > click on iCloud the box of keychain is unchecked , so tap the keychain box , it will show waiting for approval click on option button , enter the passcode that is generated in iPhone , click on confirm .

( e ) Again in iPhone a pop up will appear showing approve or deny for name of Mac to approve for keychain , click on allow .

( f ) In Mac click on option button enter trusted number a sms will appear having a verification code , enter it hence the trusted number will be saved and visible and finally keychain is set in Mac ( turned as on ) .

Always post the version of iPhone / Macs .

iCloud Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.