Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain Setup

I just bought a used macbook pro and I can't set up my keychain. Messages read "keychain doesn't exist for the device", and then after attempting to reset it, I'm told it doesn't work. It won't even allow me to turn keychain on for my iCloud. I don't really even know the significance of keychain, but I can't log in to use microsoft office without it. Help would be much appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 9, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 8:16 AM

Did the seller followed the article What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Whose Apple ID is signed in Mac the seller or its yours Apple ID signed in , the system keychain is corrupted , completely erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Then follow the article Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Set up iCloud Set up iCloud on your Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID and password with its own credentials Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support , if you are not having any Apple ID create new How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 8:16 AM in response to yonatonrose99

Did the seller followed the article What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Whose Apple ID is signed in Mac the seller or its yours Apple ID signed in , the system keychain is corrupted , completely erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS Erase and reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Then follow the article Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Set up iCloud Set up iCloud on your Mac - Apple Support

Sign in with your Apple ID and password with its own credentials Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support , if you are not having any Apple ID create new How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support (IN)

Keychain Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.