Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume changes by itself

Hi there,

I just purchased this iPhone 8+ from Apple. It is a fresh purchase, brand new.

Every time I am watching a video, or listening to music - my volume changes by itself. The volume indicator comes on the screen randomly, and either goes up or down a notch or two. I am not sure what is causing it. It happens whether I have my bluetooth earbuds connected or not.

I've turned off volume control, and it still happens. Any ideas what could be causing it?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 3:45 PM

shamm508,

Thanks for the additional information, at this point, you’ll want to contact Apple Support or visit your local Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store for further diagnostic and possible service.

Cheers.

3 replies

Jan 5, 2019 2:40 PM in response to shamm508

Hi shamm508,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble with the volume on your iPhone. I’m happy to help. To start, I suggest restarting your iPhone to see if the issue persists.

Next, I suggest making sure your software is updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the above doesn’t help, I suggest taking off any case you might have on your phone.

Lastly, I’d advise reinstalling the iOS. Before this step, you should create a backup:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, you’ll want to follow the steps in the article below under the section labeled “Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again”:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Volume changes by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.