Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my child's number off my apple id

I have tried EVERYTHING. I changed my apple id, changed my email address, changed my password, and then logged back in. My apple id shows I can be reached at child's phone, my phone, my email with the only edit available, to delete my email. Just shows the i beside each phone number. How do I get my child's number off my apple id??

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 4:35 AM

11 replies

Jan 4, 2019 7:22 AM in response to tamarafromamory

What happens when you try to remove it? Are you sharing an Apple ID?

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.    

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Jan 4, 2019 5:09 AM in response to tamarafromamory

My daughter created a new apple id and is using it. I removed her devices from my list of devices, logged out of facetime, immessage, and icloud and she did the same. Reset network settings on both phones. Restarted both phones. She is still logged out of everything. I logged back in, and her number shows up first, then my number as numbers where I can be reached for immessage. On edit, neither phone number has the delete button, only the i for information.

Jan 4, 2019 9:18 AM in response to Eric Root

We were sharing an apple id originally because she was young when I got her phone. She created herself a new apple id and put her phone, watch, mac on it.

It just lists on the imessage part, ways to reach me: my email with a delete button, her phone number with no highlight, just the information button, and then my phone number with no highlight and the i button.

Jan 4, 2019 10:54 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you. I did sign out of imessage, facetime, icloud, itunes, and app store on both phones, reset network settings and restarted both phones. I changed my apple id and my apple password, I removed all her devices from my sync history. Logged back into my phone, and her number is still there, with no red delete button, above my phone number as a number I can be reached at. I have been on chat with advisor and waiting on a call back. UGHHHHH. Thank you for your help. I just can't think of anything else to do.

Jan 4, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Eric Root

Welp. I spent 4 hours on the phone and chat with some very nice people at apple. They tried everything as well. They went through everything on my phone and set up another call for tomorrow, when Dear Daughter was at home. When she got home today, I took her phone and double checked everything that she was still in fact signed out of everything. She was. FINALLY, I check over her new apple id. SHE DID NOT ADD HER PHONE NUMBER TO IT; ONLY ADDED HER EMAIL. FACE PALM. I could have smacked her. So, as soon as I added her own phone number to her apple id, with her email and other info, it immediately came off mine and stopped getting hung up. I coulda smacked her, but I didn't. Thanks for all your help, and I am so sorry that it was something stupid.

I cannot get my child's number off my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.