Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Printer not working with Mojave - Can I Uninstall Mojave?

Hi All

I have updated to Mojave OS and I am now having a problem with my Samsung Printer CLX6260 FW.

It will print but not scan. If I use the feeder it stops after 2 pages of scanning. If I use the flat bed it comes up with error message saying file may be damaged or not be able to be read in preview.

I have checked HP / Samsung website for Drivers but there are none for Mojave yet?

I notice people had this issue in October within the community but there were no definite answers.

How do I get the printer to work or remove Mojave so that I can continue to work with the printer until someone has found a driver that works?

Macbook (2016 or later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 3:11 AM

HI Patrice

Just thought I should let you know I did manage to get this sorted.

I had to download this driver. Then had to install the scan assistant from the driver.

It means not using the MAC version which is a bit more work but at least the scanner now works and it has more functions. Not a perfect solution but it means not paying for a new printer :)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2019 3:11 AM in response to Patrice J G

HI Patrice

Just thought I should let you know I did manage to get this sorted.

I had to download this driver. Then had to install the scan assistant from the driver.

It means not using the MAC version which is a bit more work but at least the scanner now works and it has more functions. Not a perfect solution but it means not paying for a new printer :)

Jan 4, 2019 9:39 AM in response to Bezzy

It's up to Samsung to develop drivers for macOS, and now that HP has absorbed Samsung's printer business and support it seems they are only interested in making them disappear. Consider that when evaluating a replacement printer.

The bottom line is that Apple supports AirPrint devices and nothing else: About AirPrint - Apple Support. If it doesn't say AirPrint, don't buy it. The Samsung CLX-6260FW is not an AirPrint printer.

Try using the Mac's Preview app to scan. Any manufacturer-provided scanning app probably won't work.

- Can I Uninstall Mojave?

Restore your Mac from a Time Machine backup created prior to upgrading macOS.

Jan 5, 2019 10:37 AM in response to Bezzy

Yes. One possible alternative is to designate a Mac running an older macOS version as a print server: Share your printer on Mac.

Or, purchase a device that acts as an AirPrint server such as this one: https://www.lantronix.com/products/xprintserver-office/

There is a list of compatible printers on its website and although your exact model does not appear, the Samsung CLX-6250 does.

I am not familiar enough with that line of printers to determine if the differences between those two models are significant, but Lantronix can certainly provide an answer: https://www.lantronix.com/about-us/contact/

Jan 4, 2019 12:32 PM in response to Bezzy

Thanks John

the frustrating thing is the printer was working fine up until the update and I’m having the same problem in preview.

And me, like a muppet, I’m afraid I didnt back up to Time machine before the upgrade so I’ve no where to go on that one. As the printer was almost £700 (business printer) I don’t really want to buy another one. Any other suggestions?

Samsung Printer not working with Mojave - Can I Uninstall Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.