Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers default location

I found an old post but no response to the question so I am asking again.

New to Numbers and this is driving me crazy.

How do I change the default location?

Thanks

Macbook (2015 or later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 10:26 AM

If you are talking about where it saves files, I believe it saves to wherever it saved last. If you often want to choose a specific folder, you can make that folder a "favorite" in Finder to make it really easy to save to it when the Save window comes up in Numbers. I usually save new stuff to the desktop, which is already a "favorite". To make a folder a "favorite", navigate to it in Finder then drag and drop it on the favorites section of the sidebar on the left. Alternatively, I think if you give the folder a tag color in Finder, you can click the tag color when saving in Numbers and it will display the folder so you can select it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Moosehead222

If you are talking about where it saves files, I believe it saves to wherever it saved last. If you often want to choose a specific folder, you can make that folder a "favorite" in Finder to make it really easy to save to it when the Save window comes up in Numbers. I usually save new stuff to the desktop, which is already a "favorite". To make a folder a "favorite", navigate to it in Finder then drag and drop it on the favorites section of the sidebar on the left. Alternatively, I think if you give the folder a tag color in Finder, you can click the tag color when saving in Numbers and it will display the folder so you can select it.

Numbers default location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.