Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Group in contacts

I am trying to create a new group in my contacts. When I click on the + and click new group there is no response for me to add one. How do I trouble shoot this?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 11:59 AM

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try to create a new group from there. The boot time will be longer than usual as it is running some diagnostic and repair routines during boot.

Reboot normally and test again. If that doesn't help, log into another user account on you Mac and try there. That will tell us if the problem is system wide or limited to your user account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 11:59 AM in response to JodiAiken

Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode, and try to create a new group from there. The boot time will be longer than usual as it is running some diagnostic and repair routines during boot.

Reboot normally and test again. If that doesn't help, log into another user account on you Mac and try there. That will tell us if the problem is system wide or limited to your user account.

New Group in contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.