Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the LG 27UK850-W 4k 27-inch monitor with my MacBook Pro

I just got a new LG 27UK850-W 4k monitor for my MacBook Pro. I hooked it all up and it worked great for about two weeks, then suddenly while I was watching it, the video went away to nothing but a dark screen. I was not doing anything to it but simply watching it. Now nothing I do can make it work again. FYI, I was mirroring the video from my MacBook Pro. FYI, my MacBook Pro is working just fine. I even switched out USB C cable so see if that was the problem. Also now if I turn on the LG monitor, I can no longer get the LG menu to show either when you toggle its lever. I know its "on" because when it turns ON, it makes the beep that it makes when it is turned on. Also I can see the black screen take on a slight hue after the beep sound like you would expect if turned on. But that is all I get now. Any ideas out there as to what could have happened to cause this? ~dave

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 2:30 PM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2019 10:43 AM in response to silverback01

Hey silverback01,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having issues using a 4K display with your Mac even though it was working normally previously. It sounds like you've tried some great steps to help with this. If you haven't done so already, take a look a the following link under the section titled "If you have issues connecting the display": Use the LG UltraFine 4K Display with your Mac.

Regards.

the LG 27UK850-W 4k 27-inch monitor with my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.