Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't login to app store on my old MacBook 2012 with Mac OS X 10.8.

So I have two macbooks, one with the latest macOS and the 2012 one with mac os x 10.8. The issue is that when I try to login to the App Store it says that it has to send an verification code, on my new macbook I can login just fine by getting the message on my phone, but the 2012 macbook says that it has to send an code to my other devices, but I get no message on my macbook with the latest macOS. Any Help?

The MacBooks I Have:

1. MacBook Pro 2017 (with touch bar)
  2. MacBook Air 2012

The MacBook that has the issue:

1. MacBook Air 2012

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 12:34 PM

Hey mirci256,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having some issues with two-factor authentication, which for security reasons needs approval from a secured device. I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Here's a great article with information about two-factor authentication, and you'll want to look under the title "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If you're not able to log in to your account to manage your trusted devices, you'll need to request account recovery to regain access to your Apple ID: Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Let us know how that works out for you. Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2019 12:34 PM in response to mirci256

Hey mirci256,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you’re having some issues with two-factor authentication, which for security reasons needs approval from a secured device. I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Here's a great article with information about two-factor authentication, and you'll want to look under the title "What if I can't access a trusted device or didn't receive a verification code?" here: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

If you're not able to log in to your account to manage your trusted devices, you'll need to request account recovery to regain access to your Apple ID: Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Let us know how that works out for you. Cheers!

I can't login to app store on my old MacBook 2012 with Mac OS X 10.8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.