Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

activation lock

i am having trouble with activating my iPad, i am entering the correct email and password but says "this apple id cannot be used to unlock this iPad" and i cant even find the iPad on find my iPad. but i can see it on my apple id page and i can remove the account form the iPad. my question is if remove the account from the iPad will i be able to open thee iPad ?

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 1:41 PM

Removing a device from the Manage your Apple ID site, removes it from the "Find My iPad" service. You should only do so if you have physical possession of your iPad, as otherwise, if someone else does, you basically removed any security measure to prevent them from accessing it.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2019 1:41 PM in response to jack090

Removing a device from the Manage your Apple ID site, removes it from the "Find My iPad" service. You should only do so if you have physical possession of your iPad, as otherwise, if someone else does, you basically removed any security measure to prevent them from accessing it.

Jan 7, 2019 1:38 PM in response to jack090

It means the iPad is tied to the Apple ID that was originally used to activate it. If you are the owner of that original Apple ID then yes, you can remove it by logging with that Apple ID and Password. If not you are out of luck unless you can locate the original owner of that Apple ID. Did you buy the iPad from a private individual or resell shop? Activation Lock is designed to deter theft by requiring the original owner to deactivate the lock.

activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.