You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

Storage is full! “ other” is clogging up my iPad. How do I view it in order to edit what is important? How do I delete it?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 5:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 7:28 AM

Deleted the iOS 12.1.1 update.

You can't install it anyways because you have little to no room left on your iPad.

You'll regain 1.53 GBs of internal storage.

Then try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

I am not sure that storage indicator is even reading the correct amount as a 16 GBs iDevice should be reading well under that 15.6 GB number for actual total free storage space.

A 16 GBs iDevice should be reading, if full, somewhere in the 13-14 GBs range and no where near 15 GBs.

Something is computing wrong because iOS has no sufficient internal free space to operate in.

Deleting that iOS 12.1.1 update would free up more room and a hard reset might restore enough space back to your iPad so iOS is running as it should.

Not sure if the hard reset will release any more free data storage space or not, but it is always worth a try.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2019 7:28 AM in response to csjnhooper

Deleted the iOS 12.1.1 update.

You can't install it anyways because you have little to no room left on your iPad.

You'll regain 1.53 GBs of internal storage.

Then try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

I am not sure that storage indicator is even reading the correct amount as a 16 GBs iDevice should be reading well under that 15.6 GB number for actual total free storage space.

A 16 GBs iDevice should be reading, if full, somewhere in the 13-14 GBs range and no where near 15 GBs.

Something is computing wrong because iOS has no sufficient internal free space to operate in.

Deleting that iOS 12.1.1 update would free up more room and a hard reset might restore enough space back to your iPad so iOS is running as it should.

Not sure if the hard reset will release any more free data storage space or not, but it is always worth a try.

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.