Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac stuck on status bar during boot. Can't recovery from Internet or USB

I'm trying to fix an iMac (I THINK it's a 2012 or 2014) that will boot maybe one in 20 times it seems. But I'm not sure if it'll boot again to be honest. It starts, chimes after 5-10 seconds, then is stuck on the Apple logo screen with the status bar. I tried using Internet Recovery but after the spinning globe and timer count down it's stuck on the status bar again. I have a High Sierra USB flash drive that I booted from, but again the same. I can pick it from the boot menu (it sees the other partitions as well) and then it's stuck on the status bar. I have even swapped hard drives with the same results. I've done a PRAM and SMC reset as well...and you guessed it, same result; stuck on the status bar screen.

I'm beginning to think it's a logic board issue but hoping someone else can give me cause for hope as it belongs to a non-profit. Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 6:33 PM

I'm probably going to just tell you what you already know and that is you should take it to your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be professionally diagnosed.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply

iMac stuck on status bar during boot. Can't recovery from Internet or USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.