Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Infographic face on series 3 apple watch

As of 2 days ago I completely reset my iPhone X due to it consistently restarting itself (assuming the UI is getting bogged down) to the point that it restarted on its own approx 7-8 in 2 days.

When i I did this I noticed my Apple Watch has reset its settings and went to change them back, while doing so I noticed “infographic” in the new watch faces, so I downloaded it and started using it.

However today I wake up to my watch being reset yet again, and the faces removed from my selection?

I am aware (now anyway) that this watch face is only meant for the series 4 Apple Watch but that seems quite unethical at this point as my watch has clearly proven the capability to use it. This leads me to believe that apple is intentionally with holding these faces from older models to push sales.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but like I said it was running on my series 3 for a day, then reset and took it away.

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2019 7:10 PM

Yes!!! I had a person at the store I bought it at assure me that I could get those faces. I saw it on my watch app too...then when I paired my apple 3 watch....they disappeared. I am very disappointed with Apple. They think everyone will upgrade to the new one.....NO THEY WON'T. Its too much of a price hike. HOWEVER, IF THEY WERE SMART THEY WOULD PUT THE FACES IN THE APPLE STORE AND CHARGE $20.00 FOR THEM! $20.00 X 1million users.....do the math. Let us have the choice, stop be so money hungry. This could be considered false advertising.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2019 7:10 PM in response to Chris645

Yes!!! I had a person at the store I bought it at assure me that I could get those faces. I saw it on my watch app too...then when I paired my apple 3 watch....they disappeared. I am very disappointed with Apple. They think everyone will upgrade to the new one.....NO THEY WON'T. Its too much of a price hike. HOWEVER, IF THEY WERE SMART THEY WOULD PUT THE FACES IN THE APPLE STORE AND CHARGE $20.00 FOR THEM! $20.00 X 1million users.....do the math. Let us have the choice, stop be so money hungry. This could be considered false advertising.

Mar 9, 2019 1:04 PM in response to craigfromclermont

Misinformation from one person at an Apple Store, yes. Not unethical and not false advertising on Apple's part. And there's no way that a million people are going to pay $20 for a face. Like anything sold by Apple, Microsoft and all electronic device manufacturers, some software features require a hardware upgrade. That's the way the world works.

Infographic face on series 3 apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.