Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac keeps logging me out

I have my settings as require password 8 hours after sleep or screensaver begins, but when I wake the computer after a little bit, like minute it already requires a password.

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 2:02 PM

To find out if it's system wide or user specific, try this...

Open System Preferences>Users & Groups, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account?

14 replies

Feb 18, 2019 12:54 PM in response to Community User

Could this be it?

After you or your Mac administrator resets the password of your macOS user account, your Mac might ask you to update your keychain password or enter the password of your login keychain. It might also tell you that the system was unable to unlock your login keychain. That's because your login keychain is still using your old password. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201609

Feb 2, 2019 1:22 PM in response to BDAqua

I mean from the time I first log in to the time it requires a password (that is after I leave the machine for 8 hours and it enters sleep mode and requires a password for the same time) if the screen dims and I move the mouse or something it logs in without a password .

However after the first time a password is required (after it enters sleep mode ) and I log in again, then everytime the screen dims a password is required

this happens until I log out and log back in again.

Feb 18, 2019 10:33 AM in response to BDAqua

it sleeps and requires a password and afterwards unless I log out and log back in, everytime the screen dims again (even for like a few seconds) it requires a password I have to log out and log back in again to avoid this.

Jan 29, 2019 10:39 AM in response to BDAqua

Okay so the weird part is that once it requires a password to get back in (after 8 hours of inactivity) if I don't log out and log back in again.

Mac keeps logging me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.