Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disappearing bars

The top ("tool"?) bar and the bottom ("menu"?) bar keep disappearing on me in full screen mode until I point my cursor in that direction. How do I make them stay put? It's driving me nuts.

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 4:53 AM

The "option" button (bottom left on the keyboard) was the trick to controlling whether the green glow button simply expanded the screen or took me into full screen mode. I must have had it set to always take me into full screen mode. I didn't realize the "option" button was useful in this way. This advice helped a lot. Thank you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2019 4:53 AM in response to dialabrain

The "option" button (bottom left on the keyboard) was the trick to controlling whether the green glow button simply expanded the screen or took me into full screen mode. I must have had it set to always take me into full screen mode. I didn't realize the "option" button was useful in this way. This advice helped a lot. Thank you.

Disappearing bars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.