Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop ups

Just about every time I check my mail @netzero, I get this annoying pop up. I’m downloading the eBay app now and 5 minutes latter it’s a quarter of the way. Stuff like this has been going on for about a month now. I have erase my iPad several times, I have downloaded IPVanishVPN, I have looked fora driver wipe in the App Store and none are listed. Seems like someone has hijacked my computer and no matter what I do I can’t get rid of it.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 8:17 AM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2019 11:18 AM in response to Stereo949

An obvious question woukd be to ask if you have set-up the native iOS email App to access your email - or of you are just using a web-browser, such as Safari, to access your mailbox via webmail?

If you’re not using the iOS Mail App, try that. That should resolve your unwanted pop-up issues.

Alternatively, if you prefer using webmail via Safari, you could install a “blocker” App to inhibit unwanted or intrusive content.

There are two basic types of blocker App in the Apple App Store. The first type processes all blocking using a rule-set configured on your iDevice. The second type uses a web-proxy and all rules are controlled and processed by a third party.

By far the best blocker App, of the first type, is 1Blocker X; both the App and it’s ruleset is regularly updated and is fully configurable.

Pop ups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.