Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brand new Iphone XR sides paint peeling off

Dear Apple,

My name is Horea Maior and I am using your products since the Iphone 3gs was launched,

and I always have bought new and sealed products! I have purchased in December 2018 through Orange Romania a brand new Black Iphone XR with 128 gb of storage with serial number F4GXKTCNKXK6 ! I was very negatively surprised to unseal a brand new Apple product wich has a small point without paint on one side(right out of the box). I went to the Orange dealer from wich I got the phone and showed them the product, they raised their shoulders and said that, it is a very long procedure till I can have the phone checked and so on, I said ok, it is barely visible and went on using the product ... till today when I found a big loss of paint on the microfone it is as big as two holes from the microfone! being a very expensive product, I take maximum care of the device, I haven’t dropped it, never kept it near or with keys, I work in a bank so I wear only suits ... I am very carefull with my things ... I am very upset because I purchased a faulty product and I am not happy with it!! I want to get a brand new product wich is flawless, and is as it should be because it is not normal to buy a brand new Apple product wich is this shape ...

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Oh no.

I feel so sorry for you. This is not what you would expect to see buying a product for any price.

Please, contact your local Apple Support: Contact - Asistenţă tehnică Apple oficială

Hope they would help you to find you an Authorized Service Provider that won't ignore you.

15 replies

Jan 11, 2019 9:53 AM in response to maior224

I would recommend to reach them out by chat on the site and explain your problem with photos attached and ask if they could give you an address or a phone number of your local Authorized Service Provider, because Orange isn't helping you in any way.

I wish I could help, but I just entered the Romanian Apple's site and I don't understand a single word 🙈

Jan 11, 2019 10:03 AM in response to maior224

Ohh bad!!

i truly appreciate your patience. Don’t visit any apple service centre.

just try to contact apple support (chat support , call support) in which you are more comfortable. Register your case with apple support.

they will take ownership of your case and off course they will help you or provide you some better options.

i know it will take your so much of time but trust me in the end they will make you smile.

bcz apple wants there customers to be happy with their product or their service.

kanak

Jan 11, 2019 12:15 PM in response to maior224

Apple is a company that listens to it’s customers, and always makes sure that they are satisfied with their service.

If the online support will assure you that they will swap your iPhone, they will do so with no terms and conditions.

but it all depends on the way how convincingly you’re presenting your problem to the apple advisor.

hope you would get a perfect resolution very soon.

brand new Iphone XR sides paint peeling off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.