Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aplle id is not recognized and it wont let me sign out and use a new one because i need a password and i cant reset password because it dosnt recognize the ID

Trying to hep my girlfriend and have been to apple store and try getting help over phone but still no resolution

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 11:35 AM

What device is this signed in on?

I would go to Settings > tap your name at the top. This should display the Apple ID you are signed into so you know the email. Make sure the device has a wi-fi or cellular connection, or it will say your credentials are incorrect.

If you can't find your Apple ID or remember the email you used, go here and enter your name and email addresses, and it will tell you if you used that email for apple or not.

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2019 11:35 AM in response to miz114

What device is this signed in on?

I would go to Settings > tap your name at the top. This should display the Apple ID you are signed into so you know the email. Make sure the device has a wi-fi or cellular connection, or it will say your credentials are incorrect.

If you can't find your Apple ID or remember the email you used, go here and enter your name and email addresses, and it will tell you if you used that email for apple or not.

Good luck!

aplle id is not recognized and it wont let me sign out and use a new one because i need a password and i cant reset password because it dosnt recognize the ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.