Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not working and freezing.

I have an iPhone XR. Beginning yesterday, my Health app that tracks my steps stopped working,. Also, the phone started to freeze quite often, but I now know how to unfreeze it.

I looked on the web, and I was told to try changing the Privacy setting. The problem is, when I click Privacy, the phone freezes, i.e., I cannot move on to the next step.

I then tried the following ewawr suggestion:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.

2. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.

3. Then, press and hold the Power button on the side of the phone for a few seconds and then release when the phone restarts.

I’ve done this many times without success.

It is running iOS 12.1.2

Is there anything else that I can try? Thanks.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 9:55 AM

Hey markrlondon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're having trouble with the Health app freezing. I can understand how inconvenient this can be and I'd like to help. If you haven't done so already, take a look at this link here for more help. If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2019 9:55 AM in response to markrlondon

Hey markrlondon,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I can see from your post that you're having trouble with the Health app freezing. I can understand how inconvenient this can be and I'd like to help. If you haven't done so already, take a look at this link here for more help. If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Regards.

Health app not working and freezing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.