Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail lost all my SMTP connections

All of my email accounts went offline and when I went back into Accounts in Preferences and load the

SMTP server list that it is now blank. Is there a way to get it back or do I rebuild all my email accounts from scratch?

For some reason each email account still has it listed, but they are not loading in the SMTP server list screen.

MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 1:47 PM

If you hit the Edit SMPT server list, you can manually recreate the server list by adding a server for each account. That requires you to know the server settings for each account. Or you can delete all the accounts and add them back. If you do that, I would go to Mail/Mailbox/Export Mail box for each of your mailboxes. That will give you a backup of your emails.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2019 1:47 PM in response to TimHunt12

If you hit the Edit SMPT server list, you can manually recreate the server list by adding a server for each account. That requires you to know the server settings for each account. Or you can delete all the accounts and add them back. If you do that, I would go to Mail/Mailbox/Export Mail box for each of your mailboxes. That will give you a backup of your emails.

Apple Mail lost all my SMTP connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.