Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor Question

Never got on with the old compressor but thought I would give the new one a go with my new Mac new fcpx etc. Apart from it looking smarter it's not any easier to use than the previous version.

I want to set up an Meg 4 conversion to output a file downsized from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 to put on you tube.

I clicked on the 'Publish to you tube' button and a lot of stuff came up on the column on the right with titles about timing, file properties, video properties etc etc but no way to change anything, - most importantly the output size.

I searched and searched for a way and frustratingly in the end decided just to output as it was set up just to make a test. So I clicked on "Start Batch" Now it says the batch cannot be started because it contains errors. I click on "Review" and now it says -- The job doesn't have any outputs. I search and searched and search for ages and ages until my eyes are sore but I can see nothing with the heading 'Outputs' that I am required to fill in with any information.

So can anyone tell me - what are outputs, where do they belong, how do I let compressor know about them, what do they do and where can I put them once I find out what they are. It's driving me mad.

I have experimented with about six trial versions of different compressor programmes over the past 4 days and they are all simple to use and understand. Drop your file in and a box pops up where you can either run with it as is or type in your own specifications. Why does apple have to make it so difficult.

Replies to what outputs are would be most appreciated.

Thanks - BRIAN.

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 5:08 PM

In the inspector there are three tabs on the top. In Video you have a selection of output sizes

Similar questions

1 reply

Compressor Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.