Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch Export Failing in FCP?

Hello all... running FCPX 10.6.2 on an iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021), 16GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.3.1.

For months now, I've been unable to do a batch export of anything. I believe it's a problem on my MacBook Pro M1 as well. I use a custom Compressor setting for MP4 at 15000mbps and the problem persists with 1080p or 4k footage. Doesn't matter if it's optimized (high res/pro res) or not.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know of any fix?

Cheers!

Posted on May 17, 2022 7:24 AM

4 replies

May 17, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

In this first screen shot, I batch select the projects I want to export:

In this next screen shot, I choose my custom export setting from the export menu:

In the next screen shot, I confirm my selection by selecting "Next", then save to the destination of choice (usually my desktop or the project folder on my scratch disk, fails either way):

After starting the export, it fails right away. Each project gets it's own failure prompt... screen shot here:

If I export each project one at a time, there is no problem. So this only happens with batch exports. Not sure if this started happening with using M1 macs, or if the last update to FCP was the culprit.

May 19, 2022 10:45 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Exporting to desktop. Makes it easy for me to then copy to the project folder on a scratch disk, then drop the files in Dropbox for my clients. FCP had Full Disk Access already in Privacy... I cleared the preferences and, like magic, all was back to normal! Batch export was back in business. Thanks Tom for the tips!

Batch Export Failing in FCP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.