You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

call/cancel phone pop-up won't go away

help! I think there's malware on my BRAND NEW IPHONE XS Max. I cannot use screen and the pop-up phone number will not go away. 1-800-820-9251 is the number and it came up when I was playing a game. Do not call the number!!

How do I access or reset my phone

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 3:11 PM

It sounds like the game is serving malware ads. Delete it and never play it again.

You should be able to clear it by force restarting your phone: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2019 3:11 PM in response to jsheir

It sounds like the game is serving malware ads. Delete it and never play it again.

You should be able to clear it by force restarting your phone: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

call/cancel phone pop-up won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.