Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID got locked 15 days back and not recovered yet

I am ****** with this situation. I bought a new iPhone X and Apple Watch some 20 days back. I moved my sim from old iPhone 6 to the new iPhone. I successfully did that. After 2-3 days I was setting up my Apple Watch and I forgot Apple ID password and it went for recovery. When I did forgot password it didn’t send any text to my phone. I called up customer care they mentioned my Apple ID was associated to the old Apple iphone6 and that’s why they cannot reset the password and I need to wait for account recovery which takes 15 days. Can you believe it?? Well, I waited till Jan 7th when I was supposed to get account recovery instructions but I neither got any text or email. Since then I am on customer care call everyday for almost an hour and they pretend doing something but nothing works.

is Apple telling me after spending about 1500$ on Apple phone and watch I am not able to use it?? What is this crap??

Can an anyone please help me on this beforehand I put this on social media??

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 5:22 PM

The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2019 5:22 PM in response to pavani2015

The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Jan 11, 2019 5:31 PM in response to pavani2015

Adding on to what Eric has mentioned, definitely correct that the account recovery process is an automated process. It is highly probable that the account recovery process is not going through as intended which as a result, issue not yet resolved.

Would totally feel the same way if I was not able to access all my information. I have managed to help some of my friends with the steps listed in the article below, especially trying to reset the password for an account that has two factor authentication with another iOS device

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

All the best!

Apple ID got locked 15 days back and not recovered yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.